Sunday, January 19, 2020

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made


Weight loss so far is 17 pounds! The goal that I set is 100 pounds. There is no timeframe on this goal because I know that this weight has been added on over time. This is going to take time to lose.





Easy? No way. This has not been easy by any means. I have had days where I could not get past a craving so I gave in. However, I have a plan to get past that and to move on. 90% of this plan has involved self reflection and getting over mental barriers. I have realized that I can't do this on my own. Now, I do have supportive family and friends that I know I can reach out to when this journey gets to be too much. It is very important to seek support. Some tools that I use include prayer, a therapist, personal journal, and this blog.





Just yesterday, I was feeling down. I had a very lazy day and laid in bed watching Netflix and playing games on my phone. At one point, while I was on my phone, I could see my reflection. I must admit that in that very moment, my thought was "I hate this body. This body is ugly. I am fat. I am lazy. There is no way I am going to reach this goal." Today I woke up and said, "Jen, that was a lie that the enemy is telling you. Jen, pray and look at some scriptures so that you understand this was a lie." You see the enemy wants me to fail. But what the enemy has failed to see, I have something bigger and stronger than that. I have God. In those moments where I have given in to temptation of eating things that are not good for me and God still gave me grace. I am so not worthy but yet God loves me.





Victory in Christ is mine. Romans 8:37 NIV "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." I can succeed. I will succeed. Nothing is going to separate God's love from...absolutely nothing can come between me and God's love.





Furthermore, Lie take this...do you hear this?! "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 NIV. "For I am God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which GOD PREPARED IN ADVANCE for us to do." Ephesians 2:10 NIV I am a work of art that God created in advance; fearfully and wonderfully made in my mother's womb as in Psalms 139: 14-16 MSG





"Oh yes, you s haped me first inside, then out;
    you formed me in my mother’s womb.
I thank you, High God—you’re breathtaking!
    Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
    I worship in adoration—what a creation!
You know me inside and out,
    you know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
    how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
    all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
    before I’d even lived one day.





My youngest in the womb.




________________________________________________________________________________________________





Sunday Low Carb Brunch Recipe: Biscuits and Gravy









Ingredients for the biscuits:





  • 2 Cups of Almond Flour or Coconut Flour
  • 1/2 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
  • 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
  • 8 Egg Whites
  • 4 Tablespoons of COLD Butter
  • 2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar




Mix all of the ingredients above in a bowl. Spray a Muffin pan with Canola Oil or other of your choice. Scoop the dough into the muffin pan, fill each cup to the top edge. Makes 12 Biscuits. Bake on 400 degrees for 15 minutes.





Ingredients for the gravy:





  • 2 Packages of ground sausage or Turkey Sausage
  • 2 Cups of Chicken Broth
  • 2 Cups of Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 2 blocks of cream cheese




Use a large skillet. Brown sausage until all the pink is gone. Drain grease (I did not). Once sausage is cooked through, add all of the other ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Turn down to low and cover. When sauce is thicker, remove from heat and let stand. Will get thicker as it sits.I opened my biscuits and put butter on the biscuits. I then cooked 2 eggs over easy. Then poured the gravy over all of that. Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything I Learned About Life Part 2...

 Since I'm strolling down memory lane, I should probably post this one too about Marching Band. Some of my most fondest memories of high...