Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People?

I am sitting here with a heavy heart. This world lost another beautiful soul today. She was young, smart, beautiful, talented...an angel on earth. I don't know what to say. There are really no words.

This girl was a friend of my daughter, a dear member of our band family. I've just spent the last 6 or 7 hours at this girl's home church with her friends and some family. We prayed, we sang, we hugged, we cried....I saw these beautiful teenagers reaching out to each other and just showing love.

But the thing that really got me, my youngest (she turns 3 in September) was just dropped off to me. My dear friends watched her so that I could be with my band kids. As we were walking back into the church, she was holding my hand and says, "Jesus is Home! Look, Mom! He's right there!" She then proceeded to point to a shadow that was walking right along with us. There truly was our shadow and then a 2nd shadow next to our shadow. Keep in mind...there was nobody else walking with us. Well, take that back, Jesus was walking right along side us! At that point of this horrible evening, Jesus was there all along. He never left us and was truly there when I needed Him the most. Thank You Jesus!

As a parent and mentor to these children, I can't even begin to explain to them why it happens. If I can't even understand it myself, how do I comfort them? How do I console my own child? Tonight, the Holy Spirit showed me how.

Hug your children tight every day. Tell them that you love them every day. Pray for them every day.And when the bad stuff happens, show up and be there for them. Even if it is sitting in silent reflection and prayer or worship. JUST BE THERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything I Learned About Life Part 2...

 Since I'm strolling down memory lane, I should probably post this one too about Marching Band. Some of my most fondest memories of high...